Spring Goddess Salad
Photo and recipe by Rachel Bies. Yields 2 mains or 4 sides.
- 1 cup chickpeas (cooked)
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 small handful fresh mint
- ½ English cucumber julienned
- 1 bunch of Ontario asparagus steamed gently and trimmed
- 1 handful of basil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 fennel julienned
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- Gently steam asparagus.
- Mix all ingredients minus the asparagus. Taste and season accordingly.
- Arrange asparagus on a plate and then place the mixed salad on top. Finish with fresh mint and lemon wedges.
- Perfect accompaniment to shrimp, chicken or great with goat cheese!
- Source: asparagus.on.ca
Perfect accompaniment to shrimp, chicken or great with goat cheese! Source: ontarioasparagus.ca