Recipe developed by Chef Jonathan Collins. Yield 1 Frittata, serves 6-8
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots peeled, trimmed and finely sliced
- ½ package 225 g Ontario Greenhouse Grown Cherry Tomatoes, rinsed and sliced in half
- 1 bunch 1 lb Fresh Ontario Asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 12 large Ontario eggs
- 125 grams aged cheddar shredded
- Position rack in the center of the oven, preheat to 325°F.
- Using a heavy-bottom sauté pan over medium, heat the butter and olive oil until fragrant.
- Add shallots, tomatoes and asparagus, season with salt and pepper, sauté until golden, tossing occasionally.
- Combine eggs and cheese into a mixing bowl, whisk until combined, add to the pan, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until edges begin to firm, transfer to the oven, bake for 20 minutes until firm.